How to Select Wear Resistant Die Steel for Precision Plastic Injection Molding
Injection mold is a tool for producing plastic products; It is also a tool to endow plastic products with complete structure and precise size. Injection molding is a processing method used in batch production of some parts with complex shapes. In the process of injection molding production, the quality of the mold steel used by the injection mold factory determines the quality of the final product. Especially for some precision electronic products, the requirements for the injection mold are particularly high. So how should we choose the mold steel when we use the injection mold?
First of all, in the production process of injection mold, the temperature in the general injection mold is relatively high, so the steel used by the injection mold factory to manufacture the injection mold must be the mold steel that has been tempered at high temperature, so that the overall designed mold size will not be affected even in the high temperature environment, thus ensuring the overall precision of the mold.
Secondly, in the process of injection molding, the raw materials of plastic products, such as resin and various additives, will corrode the surface of the injection mold, thus affecting the overall precision of the injection mold. Therefore, corrosion resistant steel must also be used in the selection of mold steel.
Plastic products generally have high requirements for surface glossiness. Therefore, during the production process of injection molding, the surface roughness of the corresponding injection mold cavity is required to be relatively small, so that plastic products that meet the standards can be processed by injection molding. Therefore, mold steel without impurities and pores must be selected. After the injection mold is manufactured, the surface of the mold cavity must be polished, grinded and other processing treatments.
Finally, in the process of using injection molds to produce plastic products, because the plastic raw materials flow at a high speed in the cavity of the injection mold, which will cause great friction on the surface of the entire mold, it is necessary to select wear-resistant mold steel to ensure that the quality of the products is always stable in the mass injection production process.
In the plastic injection molding process, wear-resistant die steel plays a crucial role in the quality of the final product. The wear resistance of the die steel can affect the service life of the mold, the production efficiency, and the quality of the molded product. Selecting the appropriate wear-resistant die steel for precision plastic injection molding is therefore essential. Here are some tips to help you select the right wear-resistant die steel for your plastic injection molding needs:
- Consider the hardness: The hardness of the die steel should be high enough to resist wear and tear during the injection molding process. Generally, a hardness of around 50-60 HRC is suitable for precision plastic injection molding.
- Check the toughness: In addition to hardness, the die steel should also have good toughness to prevent cracking or breaking during the injection molding process. High toughness die steel can withstand high stress levels and prevent damage to the mold.
- Evaluate the corrosion resistance: Plastic injection molding involves the use of different types of plastic materials, some of which may be corrosive. The die steel selected should have good corrosion resistance to prevent damage to the mold due to chemical reactions.
- Look for high-temperature resistance: Injection molding process requires high temperature, and the die steel should be able to withstand such temperature. The selected die steel should have high-temperature resistance to avoid melting or deformation during the injection molding process.
- Consider the wear resistance: The die steel used in plastic injection molding should have excellent wear resistance to avoid the wear and tear that occurs during the injection molding process.
When selecting wear-resistant die steel, it is also important to consult experienced professionals to ensure you are making the right choice for your specific application. Regular maintenance of the mold is also essential to ensure the longevity of the wear-resistant die steel. Proper maintenance and selection of the right wear-resistant die steel can lead to improved efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and overall performance in precision plastic injection molding.